Technical Program Manager, Foundation San Francisco Seattle
As a TPM, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving projects that span across the organization. You will be responsible for major product and infrastructure initiatives with the highest degree of complexity, as well as leading and growing a team of TPMs. Your impact is felt across the company. You spend a significant proportion of your time developing the capabilities of the team as a whole.
- Drive functional and technical delivery of key team-, org-, and company-wide initiatives .
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features .
- Create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps .
- Own and execute multiple infrastructure software engineering programs simultaneously .
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Help influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity .
- Guide and manage the usage of agile methodologies to simplify project delivery .
- Develop the Technical Program Manager team to support the growth of the larger infrastructure team.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years as a TPM, engineering leader or related discipline .
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Consistent track record of shipping products with broad customer impact .
- Demonstrable experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools .
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate and build relationships with highly technical management teams.
- Strong analytic and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve systemic issues .
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships, and collaborate with diverse cross-functional teams.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in the others.
Nice to have requirements:
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Exposure to large-scale systems, data center, operations, or computing infrastructure-related experience, including experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Experience working with external partners and customers.
We look forward to hearing from you.