Technical Program Manager, Foundation San Francisco
Support a team of TPMs and the Foundation organization in building the infrastructure that powers Stripe
As a manager of the Foundation Technical Program Management team, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving projects that span across the organization. You will lead a growing team of TPMs and will also be responsible for major product and infrastructure initiatives with the highest degree of complexity. Your impact is felt across the company. You spend a significant proportion of your time developing the capabilities of the team as a whole.
Who you are:
- Drive functional and technical delivery of key team-, org-, and company-wide initiatives .
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features .
- Create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps .
- Own and execute multiple infrastructure software engineering programs simultaneously .
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Help influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity .
- Guide and manage the usage of agile methodologies to simplify project delivery .
- Develop the Technical Program Manager team, including hiring and developing TPMs, to support the growth of the larger infrastructure team.
What you bring:
- 3+ years as a TPM, engineering leader or related discipline .
- 2+ years of experience directly managing people including recruiting, hiring and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Consistent track record of shipping products with broad customer impact .
- Demonstrable experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools .
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate and build relationships with highly - technical management teams.
- Strong analytic and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve systemic issues .
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships, and collaborate with diverse cross-functional teams.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in the others.
Nice to have requirements:
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Exposure to large-scale systems, data center, operations, or computing infrastructure-related experience, including experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
You should include these in your job application#LI-VP1
We look forward to hearing from you.