Tax Product & Reporting San Francisco
Work directly with our product teams in order to help us solve our complex tax reporting needs, while helping us integrate our new products into our tax structure!
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for entrepreneurs all over the world to grow their businesses. We work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems around. Our tax team works with Stripes across the company to develop an efficient tax structure to support our ever growing product portfolio. We’re looking for an amazing tax product and reporting expert to lead that effort.
The tax product lead will work directly with our product managers, business operations, and legal teams to gain an understanding of our new product offerings and flow of funds. You will lead our efforts around reporting requirements, from both financial statement and user perspectives. You will also work closely with our international tax team to determine the most efficient way to integrate these new products and flows of funds into our existing tax structure.
You will work for a rapidly growing company in a fast paced environment, while collaborating with numerous functional teams across our organization. The position will be based in San Francisco and report to our Head of Tax.
- Be responsible for managing our financial statement reporting requirements, including our income tax provision, footnote, and required disclosures.
- Manage the required tax inputs for our products by working directly with our product managers, sales, and business operations teams to determine how changes in our service could impact tax, ranging from taxability of our service in new countries we are expanding into (VAT, GST) to user information reporting (1099-K’s, invoicing)
- Work directly with our product and engineering teams to implement the tax requirements discussed above into our service offering.
- Solve complex accounting, treasury, and tax problems that may come about with changes to our flow of funds, while identifying items that the international tax team should be concerned with when integrating these changes into our tax structure
- Lead the US tax compliance process, including IRS and state tax filings (income and escheatment).
- Manage tax controversy matters involving taxing authorities in the US.
You should have:
- 10-15 years of relevant tax experience with strong knowledge of US GAAP (ASC 740).
- Both public accounting (Big 4 preferred) / legal firm and industry experience.
- A proven ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams.
- The ability to develop and mentor other members of the organization.
- A strong technical tax background that enables you to develop and implement tax strategies and processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to changes in tax laws.
Nice to haves:
- An advanced degree or professional qualification (CPA or LLM) in tax or law.
- Experience working in a technology, payments, or financial services company.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
- A 1 - 2 paragraph written summary on the reporting considerations that you would consider as part of any new product release.
We look forward to hearing from you.