Tax Manager Dublin
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow their businesses. We work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems around. Our tax team works with Stripes across the company to develop an efficient tax structure, as our international business scales and expands into new markets. We are looking for a wellrounded and seasoned tax professional to help us lead this effort in Europe. This function will be responsible for managing the European taxation of our international activities. You will lead our tax compliance processes, assist with tax controversy matters, and any planning efforts impacting our European operations. You will work for a rapidly growing company in a fast paced environment, while collaborating with numerous functional teams across our organization. The position will be based in Dublin and report to our Head of Tax Planning.
- Be the tax subject matter expert and resource to our business and finance teams in Europe.
- Manage our European tax operations, provide input in longterm tax planning, and assist with any implementation resulting from such planning efforts.
- Collaborate with the international accounting team on local income tax and VAT compliance, as well as any other tax filing and compliance aspects.
- Oversee Stripe’s local tax service providers on planning and compliance matters.
- Prepare the quarterly transfer pricing calculations, monitor appropriate reporting and documentation, and manage our intercompany balances.
- Liaise with the local engineering teams to understand product developments and provide input and updates to the Head of Tax Product.
- Partner with the local engineering team to support and document Stripe’s product development for R&D credit and applicable R&D grants in applicable countries.
- Collaborate with the local treasury team on our flow of funds and repatriation planning.
- Develop and implement policies that ensure indirect tax (VAT and withholding taxes) compliance and efficiency.
- Assist with the accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) for our European subsidiaries.
- Manage tax controversy matters involving European tax authorities.
You should have:
- 10-15 years of relevant tax experience with strong knowledge of Irish tax laws and broad experience with European tax regulations.
- Both public accounting (Big 4 preferred) / legal firm and industry experience.
- A proven ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to nontax team members and work effectively across all functional teams.
- The ability to develop and mentor other members of the organization.
- A strong technical tax background that enables you to develop and implement tax strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changes in tax laws, as well as changes in our services.
It would be nice if you have:
- An advanced degree or professional qualification (CPA or LLM) in tax or law.
- Experience working in a technology, payments, or financial services.
Please include with your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
- A 12 paragraph summary of the top few things you think the tax team needs to consider while building a global team with team members in various locations, and why.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here.#LI-OH1
We look forward to hearing from you.