Strategy and Operations - Marketing and Growth San Francisco
Measure how Stripe connects with users.
Our marketing team mission is to drive Stripe growth by ensuring people know about us, consider Stripe an obvious choice, use our products successfully, and become our advocates. Stripe is searching for an experienced and results-oriented strategy and operations leader to drive our team’s strategic planning and operations, manage our performance against key marketing and growth metrics and drive strategic projects from start to finish to deliver against our mission.
This is a role based in our San Francisco office. The ideal candidate is someone who’s passionate about Stripe and our mission, has a proven track-record with strategy and operations work, has a desire to help build from scratch and is highly technically and analytically oriented.
As one of the early members of the team, you’ll be an a distinctive problem solver, a resourceful doer, a connector and collaborator, as well as a leader. Your true north will be working with our marketing and growth team to help align us to and help us achieve hard but achievable strategic plans to drive outsized global growth.
- Drive our team’s strategic annual & quarterly planning and ongoing performance management against our core metrics
- Communicate our plans and impact across our global organization to ensure others have visibility into our work and our impact and how we can help further Stripe growth
- Identify, diagnose and resolve business and performance to metrics issues, define actionable and innovative improvement levers, and support implementation/rollout of your recommendations
- Bring clear thinking and distinctive problem-solving skills to a range of difficult marketing and growth business questions across strategy, operations and analytics
- Identify and deliver a wide range of strategic projects for our team to drive outsized impact
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various initiatives and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Build deep relationships with Product, Finance, Engineering, Analytics and more to amplify our team’s impact globally
- Highly analytical. You are passionate about breaking down problems and using data to drive decisions
- Technically oriented. You have a strong understanding of SQL and data visualization tools
- A relationship builder. You innately forge strong relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strategic. You understand strategy is the prioritization of scarce resources, and you know how to bring people together to execute against our planning
- A distinctive communicator. Our impact is only as good as our ability to communicate and bring people together through exceptional oral and written communication
- Creative. We don’t have nor want a playbook - you’ll be crafting a lot of our efforts from scratch
- Exceptionally effective. You are an outstanding project manager, who can take an idea to impact without direction. You routinely deliver results people didn’t think were possible
- Experienced. You have successfully done this type of work before for >4 years (Management consulting, Biz Ops, Strategy and Ops, Growth/Marketing insights), and are excited about continuing to learn and evolve in the role. You’ve also likely worked on projects like company segmentations, GTM strategy, product/market fit analyses, greenfield opportunity analysis, detailed ROI investment cases and tracking, and more
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-JM2
We look forward to hearing from you.