State and Local Public Policy Manager San Francisco
Help Stripe build our policy and government relations program!
Stripe is building the economic infrastructure that make it easier for entrepreneurs and companies all over the world to grow their businesses. We work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems around, and we’re looking for a public policy manager to support our efforts to build and develop a first-class state and local public policy program. In this role you will deal with a diverse set of matters that straddle financial services, technology and economic policy. If you are up for the challenge - we would love to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Gather intelligence and report on policy and regulatory developments in California, Washington, San Francisco and other states and cities where Stripe has substantial business operations.
- Develop relationships with a diverse set of public and private sector stakeholders to educate them about Stripe’s business and vision.
- Serve as an ambassador for the policy team, by both helping colleagues across Stripe understand the impact that potential changes to policies may have on current or future Stripe products, and soliciting input from Stripes about potential policy positions we may take.
- Help build relationships in states and cities where Stripe operates or seeks to open office or provide new products and services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology community, and serve as a representative of Stripe on certain trade groups or other industry bodies.
- Work with Stripe’s leadership to strategically pursue policy objectives as part of Stripe’s global policy priorities.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 5+ years of experience working in a legislative affairs or similar government position, or similar experience at a public policy firm or world class in-house government relations organization.
- Strong industry knowledge - an understanding of internet and mobile technologies and the financial services industry is a plus.
- An ability to cover a broad range of issues and get deep when and where needed.
The person we’d like to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to get things done.
- Decisive, with excellent judgment, capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- A terrific communicator and writer, adept at working with lawyers, regulators, engineers, business teams, and colleagues to make complex concepts clear and understandable to different audiences.
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.