Startup Events Manager San Francisco
Help us grow Stripe by delivering outstanding events to the startup community
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, powerhouse event manager to join Stripe’s Event Marketing team and help build and execute our startup events program. You’ll work with others across Stripe to create event experiences that delight, inspire, and educate our startup and entrepreneur audiences, bring our brand to life, and help expand our reach around the globe.
Working closely with Sales, Stripe Atlas, Communications, Design, and many other teams, you’ll partner on strategy and lead the building of a top-notch global startup events program for Stripe, ensuring that we deliver unique and thoughtful experiences every time.
If you’re someone that loves helping new businesses thrive, has deep ties to the startup community, obsesses over the attendee experience, and enjoys brainstorming event tactics as much as perfecting the tiniest details, we want to hear from you!
- Drive strategy and execution of Stripe’s startup events program, defining plans, goals, tactics, and metrics to drive new leads, nurture existing ones, and bring our brand and story to life
- Guide cross-functional partners through selection, kickoff, and execution processes for both owned and 3rd party events, ensuring consistency, quality, and creativity throughout all event touchpoints and locations
- Produce events from concept through completion: identify opportunities, design plans, assemble and lead project teams, manage vendors, source diverse speakers and audiences, create documentation, analyze ROI, and report on metrics
- Empower others to produce successful events and help scale the program globally by developing and refining excellent tactical runbooks, resources, and assets to share your expertise
- Incorporate data-driven insights into the full event lifecycle, from strategic pre-planning and event evaluation through post-event reporting
- Expand and develop new event ideas, concepts, processes, and formats to help us scale the program around the globe
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years of full-time experience planning a range of events in a fast-paced environment, preferably at a technology company
- At least 3 years of experience working on events for startup, entrepreneur, founder, and/or developer audiences such as meetups, influencer events, dinners, conference activations, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of the global startup community and passion for working with startup founders and entrepreneurs
- Demonstrable experience developing event strategy and tracking the right metrics
- A relentless commitment to focusing on the details and staying hyper-organized
- A wealth of event planning knowledge and comfortability executing the soup-to-nuts details for a variety of event formats
- A passion for transforming brand principles into real-life experiences
- Superb communication and problem-solving skills
- Grace and positivity under pressure
- The ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced workplace and be flexible when priorities shift
Nice to haves:
- Previous work experience at a high-growth technology company
- Established relationships with global startup networks and communities
- Global event planning experience
- Proficiency for managing digital event assets (email, website, etc.)
- A knack for writing clear and concise documentation
We look forward to hearing from you.