Space Planner San Francisco
Create an amazing workspace at Stripe!
We’re looking for an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented person who’s enthusiastic for both the practical and creative elements of strategic workplace planning. Stripe is growing rapidly, and our Space Planner will play a critical role in managing and maximizing efficient workspace utilization across our global facilities. In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to scale and shape Stripe’s workspace environment while working collaboratively with stakeholders from across the company.
- Oversee planning and execution of internal moves, furniture installations, and office relocations.
- Meet with internal stakeholders to develop scenarios prior to presenting your recommendations for approval.
- Develop and document processes and procedures related to space planning and move execution; clearly delineate roles and responsibilities.
- Build strong relationships with vendors and building management; maintain best-in-class service whether issues are resolved in-house or by one of our partners.
- Partner with vendors and IT support to deliver clean, functional workstations anytime a Stripe is landing at a new workstation.
- Design and ship post-move and post-occupancy surveys; continually iterate on learnings.
- Track, update and maintain occupancy changes in CAFM system. Maintain a customer interface that allows stakeholders to validate vacancies, floorplans, and assignments.
- Select and implement tools and vendor partnerships in support of rapid scaling.
- Support and build on Stripe’s existing space planning philosophy.
- Create and maintain accurate floor-plan drawings.
- Provide guidance and offer smart, simple solutions in support of occupancy requirements, asset utilization, operational efficiency, and service delivery.
You should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years work experience in two or more of the following: a) space planning, b) project/move management, and c) facilities planning.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Working knowledge of CAFM software, space management systems, and relational database functionality.
- Proficiency in architectural and engineering drawings, concepts & design.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Deep empathy and a strong orientation towards serving your customers.
- An orientation toward rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- A driving need to deliver the best possible experience—you may have been called a perfectionist once or twice.
To apply, please include:
- Resume and a LinkedIn profile
We look forward to hearing from you.