Senior Compliance Analyst San Francisco
Super sleuths protecting Stripe and promoting responsible growth!
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our compliance team based in San Francisco. In this role, you’ll handle a wide variety of AML and regulatory compliance operational matters supporting Stripe’s growing business.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Decision a variety of compliance-related reviews of Stripe merchant accounts, including but not limited to: Know-Your-Customer (KYC) reviews, OFAC SDN and watchlist reviews, investigations for potential Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) filing, Politically-exposed Person (PEP) reviews.
- Handle account reviews in a timely fashion, as determined by internal policies and procedures.
- Effectively and clearly communicate with Stripe users when required to conduct account reviews.
- Determine operational pain points and optimize processes and procedures based on best practices and subject matter expertise.
- Manage incoming communication from both internal and external stakeholders via multiple channels, including email, chat, and CRM.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of AML industry concepts and trends, as well as ability to apply them to Stripe
- Collaborate on reviews of policies and procedures to ensure they are updated and reflective of current operationsConduct quality reviews of work by vendor teams or more junior analysts.- Provide process oversight and mentorship for more junior team members, including review or work.
- Provide consultancy on compliance-related matters for internal and external partners, as well as Stripe users.
- Work with US Compliance Officer or regional compliance leads to scope news processes and scope existing ones.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience in compliance, risk / fraud, customer service, or related field.
- Strong research and investigation skills.
- Experience mentoring or managing teams or processes.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- Compliance or payments experience.
- Excel or SQL abilities.
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.