Scaled Acquisition Lead San Francisco
Help grow Stripe
At Stripe, our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We work with hundreds of thousands of users to enable their growth and long-term success.
In this role, you will be a critical leader in Stripe’s growth story. You will be on the marketing leadership team and partner closely with cross-functional leaders in product, engineering, sales, and data science in addition to working with our executive team and founders. As we’re scaling our go-to-market and marketing efforts globally, we’re looking for a passionate, experienced, and outcome-driven leader to build and grow a team dedicated to user acquisition and lifecycle.
You will be responsible for the delivery of quality traffic to our site and the conversion of that traffic across our site experiences. You will lead our paid media strategy and execution, SEO, scaled email to drive our user acquisition and improve the lifecycle and user adoption of Stripe’s products and services.
- Develop the digital acquisition and lifecycle strategy considering all relevant channels and opportunities in partnership
- In partnership with finance and ops, establish the performance targets, using benchmarks and best practices
- Build and evolve our website experience, balancing the need to represent the Stripe brand, tell the Stripe story to different audiences, and support conversion targets
- Establish highly productive internal partnership across marketing, ops, finance, engineering and sales to ensure that the strategy meets overall business goals
- Act like an owner with your budget. Test and learn and scale what works and have the confidence to cut what doesn’t
- Ensure that the Stripe brand is appropriately represented in all paid and digital work. We don’t want to just optimize for the action or engagement
- In partnership with the product marketing, field marketing and brand teams, establish our
- Deliver an effective approach to reporting out to various stakeholders across Stripe to bring our leadership team, marketing, sales and others along with your plans and performance
- Be an exceptional people leader and manager. Attract, retain and grow a high performing team that elevates others around them
- Experienced leadership with 12+ years of work experience, with 6+ years specifically focused on acquisition with expert knowledge of digital channels and media
- 6+ years experience developing and executing lifecycle marketing strategies that delivers on key acquisition, engagement, and retention goals.
- Data driven with strong quantitative and analytical skills and think in terms of LTV, ROI and your impact on the bottom line of the business.
- Experience driving engagement and conversion through targeting, creative, and different channel tests. We want to deliver these programs at scale.
- Experience working with complex internal data management tools.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing executive management
- Deep understanding of the user journey and funnel, sales cycle and product lifecycle and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in person presentation skills.
- Multi-tasking, highly organised, excellent attention to detail
- Ability to both lead and drive autonomously and to tight deadlines with regular updates to key stakeholders
- Strong hands-on digital marketing experience with a desire to continuously test and learn
- CRM experience and deep understanding of complex multi-channel customer lifecycles across segments
- Highly skilled in PPC
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Experience of using content management systems e.g. WordPress
- Experience with web analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-JM2
We look forward to hearing from you.