Risk Program Manager San Francisco
Make Internet payments safer.
As a Risk Program Manager, you will join a high-performing team that enables safer payments for our users and helps Stripe manage payments liabilities intelligently. You will build and manage large-scale projects that impact Risk and other teams at Stripe, taking on such challenges as expanding to new countries with minimal risk or scaling an underwriting program. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-changing and always-improving opponents. You will face some of the most complex and dynamic problems at the company, and the nature of your work will evolve rapidly as the risks of Internet payments continue to become more sophisticated.
- Monitor accounts and transactions to identify and predict fraudulent behavior
- Scale risk processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of fraud and credit risk given our rapidly expanding user base
- Work with our banking partners around the world to tailor compliance and credit risk management techniques to different geographies, while staying committed to a clear vision of scale
- Work directly with Stripe merchants to ensure your programs provide a good user experience
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical choices every day, and you will be wrong some of the time
- Is naturally curious and detail-oriented: if something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on
- Is obsessed with efficiency and effective project management and tracking of progress. If you make spreadsheets in your spare time, you’re not alone on our team
- Believes in knowing and understanding the numbers behind a problem, and preferably has a basic understanding of statistical analysis and an interest in learning SQL
- Communicates with ease, especially when conveying complex ideas
- Has 3-5 years of experience working in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environments
- Preferably has experience with payments, risk, or trust & safety
Include these in your application:
- Your resume.
- Your answer to the following: given free rein, what are one or two improvements you would have made to the processes at a company or organization where you have worked? How would you assess if the change(s) was (were) successful?
We look forward to hearing from you.