Risk Program Manager - User Growth Programs Dublin
Stripe’s Risk team plays a significant role in the success of the company. We have direct impact on our financials and are constantly up against ever-evolving challenges. Risk is a dynamic space and we are focused on protecting Stripe, delighting our users, supporting innovative business models, and of course, building and investing in a strong team.
Our team’s goals are to build a comprehensive and global set of programs focused on merchants and platforms. We are in BUILD mode and as a program manager, you will be highly strategic and operational - we are looking for someone that can build relationships and operate across teams at all levels within the organization.
- Be an owner
- Think about the big picture while getting into the details. Be able to identify and balance trade-offs
- Develop relationships and work with teams across the company (Engineering, Financial Crimes, Partnerships, Legal, Sales, etc)
- Push yourself to continuously raise the bar for Stripe and our users
- Be decisive, yet open to learning: you will regularly make critical decisions, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time
- Show empathy to our users and educate them about prevention of potential risks to their business.
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
- Build and oversee your program
- Scope, plan, and assess resourcing needs for multiple projects at once
- Scale risk operations given our rapidly expanding user base
- Investigate anomalies and work closely with partners to solve for root problems
- Partner with engineering and data science teams to improve observability and implement programmatic controls
- Refine and iterate. Continuously optimize for efficiency and effectiveness
- Train others and build your own knowledge
- Develop a curriculum and conduct trainings to both Risk and non-Risk teams on potential new industry topics
- Continue to build knowledge on payment and risk trends
- Be involved with ad hoc initiatives
- Present at partner meetings on our risk process, tools, and philosophy
- Represent Stripe at conferences, be a Risk champion and thought leader in the industry
We encourage you to apply if:
- You are comfortable with ambiguity - we mean this. Program managers will likely be building a brand new program. Scoping out projects, forging your own way, and navigating the unknown will be the norm
- You like ownership, being accountable, and driving towards ambitious goals
- You have a team mentality. This is core to Stripe’s operating principles, and is especially true on the Risk team
- Enjoy a challenge. Programs can be difficult to support from a risk perspective as it involves both breadth and depth of knowledge related to many different areas of risk
Nice to haves:
- Expertise in writing SQL to query relational databases and/or experience with quantitative tools such as Python, R, or Stata
- Experience with payments and/or program management
- Experience working with technical teams (e.g. engineering) to drive projects
- Strong data visualization skills and a passion for data and analysis
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here#LI-DA1
We look forward to hearing from you.