Risk Product Strategist San Francisco
Make Internet payments safer.
As a Risk Strategist focused on new product or market launches, you will join a high-performing team that helps Stripe manage payments liabilities intelligently during rapid growth and expansion of products, markets, and partnerships. You will become an expert in the Risk domain, from merchant fraud to credit risk to high-risk and prohibited businesses, and use that expertise to partner with teams across Stripe and guide decisions, policies, and product improvements that successfully mitigate risk while enabling growth. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-changing and always-improving opponents. You will face some of the most complex and dynamic problems at the company, and the nature of your work will evolve rapidly as Internet payments fraud continues to become more sophisticated.
- Monitor accounts and transactions to identify and predict potential risks, such as fraud or takeovers, and serve as an escalation point for difficult or edge-case reviews from other team members.
- Take end-to-end ownership of a Stripe product experience or program, from developing policies to documenting and training others to surfacing insights and areas for improvement.
- Deliver ideas and insights as you collaborate with partner teams, such as product, engineering, and business development, to build systems and tools that empower the Risk team, operate efficiently, and provide good user experiences for Stripe’s merchants.
- Work directly with Stripe merchants to ensure your programs provide a good user experience.
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical choices every day, and you will be wrong some of the time.
- Is naturally curious and detail-oriented: if something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on.
- Is obsessed with efficiency and effective project management and tracking of progress. If you make spreadsheets in your spare time, you’re not alone on our team.
- Believes in knowing and understanding the numbers behind a problem, and preferably has a basic understanding of statistical analysis and an interest in learning SQL.
- Communicates with ease to disparate audiences, especially when conveying complex ideas.
- Has 4-6 years of experience working in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environments.
- Preferably has experience with payments, risk, or trust & safety.
We look forward to hearing from you.