Risk Insights Manager San Francisco
Stripe handles handle billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world, and the Risk team plays a critical role in the company’s financial and partnership health. Risk is a dynamic space where we face ever-evolving challenges, and we rely heavily on data to measure our success, ensure high-quality decisions, and point towards future opportunities.
As a manager on the Insights team, you’ll support a growing team of talented data analysts in their work as they design and report on Risk’s core metrics, support Strategists and engineers on building new risk mitigation approaches, and uncover new challenges and prioritize initiatives.
- Cultivate a metrics-driven approach to solving problems and set clear goals for success, both for individuals and for the team
- Interpret data, extract trends, and identify insights or opportunities for product and business decisions.
- Work directly with internal stakeholders and teams across Stripe
- Mentor team members in data analysis, reporting, and visualization
- Work with other managers to build a world-class risk operations organization through recruiting, training, and defining organizational functions
- Help your team members with professional growth and challenge them to exceed expectations
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ years experience in business intelligence or analytics
- 2+ years experience in people management
- Highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases
- Experienced with statistical modeling and analyses and comfortable with statistical coding languages such as Python or R
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail
- Confidence to take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal documentation and process
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile
- A short description or screenshot of a sample dashboard you’ve developed and some insights you gained from it (please mask all sensitive information)
We look forward to hearing from you.