Revenue Accountant San Francisco
Help scale our finance infrastructure globally!
Stripe is building a world class finance team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with finance engineers and our financial operations team to build great systems and internal tools. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our fast growing team and help us build our integrated financial systems, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Build scalable accounting processes for complex revenue transactions and related payout and cash settlement treasury flows.
- Assist with creating, analyzing and maintaining key accounting databases and infrastructures as the source of truth for financial information.
- Develop and own the monthly close process for related financial statement line items; prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Develop accounting processes for new markets and product introductions.
- Work with sales, legal, and engineering teams to design and implement a standardized automated billings process.
- Work with deal desk team supporting strategic contract negotiations.
- Assist with new ASC606 revenue recognition standards assessment and implementation.
- Draft and maintain accurate accounting policies and procedures in accordance with relevant GAAP guidance.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly flux analysis of key metrics.
- Partner with Finance, Strategic Planning & Analysis, Treasury and Product teams to anticipate and support changing business requirements.
- Assist with external audit support and regulatory reporting. -
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5-8 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA or MBA strongly preferred).
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- Comfort working with engineers and non-finance technical partners across Stripe.
- Excellent Excel skills, and experience working with extremely large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Netsuite).
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP, in particular revenue recognition (IFRS is a plus).
- The ability to be detail oriented, but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions.
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- The ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- A builder’s mindset and a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
- A love for creating new systems and solving problems via infrastructure and automation.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Experience with SQL, R, or equivalent.
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.