Researcher San Francisco
Design at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and we think that building an internet business is a problem rooted in code and design, not finance. We also believe that there are far too many barriers to doing business on the internet and that the opportunities to do it are not equally distributed throughout the world. To break down those barriers and make the opportunities available to anyone, we’re designing the future of tools and infrastructure for starting, running, and scaling an online business—from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our small (but growing!) team in San Francisco.
The design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
- Create research strategy that prioritizes between competing business needs
- Implement the strategy, and find ways to measure and improve its impact on the business and the quality and relevance of the products we develop
- Design and execute studies that generate insights that can both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Build working relationships and processes with product development teams
- Establish process for selecting the right methodology for the task at hand
- Implement strategies and tactics for communicating insights to product development teams as well as the rest of the company in compelling ways
- Evangelize research across the company and ensure we use it to learn from our mistakes
- Prioritize incoming requests while making progress on overall goals for the research function
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have experience in a wide range of research methodologies, as well as the ability to pick the right one for the job
- Demonstrate stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Have well-proven recruiting strategies and methods
- Can plan and manage research efforts that involve external research assistants or other external resources
- Enjoy working cross functionally and teaching others how to generate insights from research findings
- Are flexible and able to remain focused on delivering better products and experiences for our users
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
We look forward to hearing from you.