Quality Specialist San Francisco
Fight fraud and make Internet payments safer.
The risk team is a core part of Stripe’s mission to expand the GDP of the internet. As a quality specialist on risk operations, you will help develop and run the quality control system that supports our underwriting and vendor teams, enabling them to do their highest quality work. You’ll work closely with management, engineering, tooling and subject matter experts to deep dive on quality issues, diagnose gaps and recommend improvements. The risk team faces some of the most complex and dynamic problems at Stripe, and you will use data and creativity to guide the team as it helps Stripe scale effectively. You’ll improve underwriting quality, leading to lower losses for Stripe and better user experience for our merchants.
As a quality specialist you will:
- Work with managers to design and develop a quality control system for the risk org
- Establish distinct visions of quality for different levels of underwriting
- Determine and design a core set of quality metrics around SLAs, accuracy, consistency, and much more
- Partner with trainers and managers to analyze and report on these metrics, and develop paths for individuals and the team to hit their goals
- Conduct front-line analysis of team-wide and individual quality anomalies.
- Help diagnose individual quality gaps and develop feedback frameworks.
- Improve quality errors caused by tooling or training gaps in concert with tooling specialist and trainers
- Expand and improve on our existing double review, escalations and decisioning systems, and analyze data to understand current gaps
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a strong grasp of data and analytics, and is very comfortable in SQL (or similar)
- Becomes an expert in risk signals and review workflows to help make them better
- Partners effectively with a broad set of stakeholders, from management to underwriting vendors
- Is skilled at developing a vision and communicating that vision to others.
- Gets excited about debugging confusing results
- Can develop and deliver constructive feedback effectively
- Is experienced working in tech, or in another fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Previous experience working with a quality control system
- Training/certification in COPC
We look forward to hearing from you.