Product Specialist, Financial Infrastructure Seattle
Deliver incredible experiences to Stripe users.
Financial Infrastructure works closely with users, gateways, card networks, banks, payout partners, and engineering to investigate and solve problems that arise in Stripe’s financial ecosystem. By hearing directly from our users, we are on the front line to make sure that all of these moving parts are working correctly. We utilize Stripe’s data to isolate root causes, determine scope, monitor changes, and build reports to help both internal and external stakeholders understand and navigate issues.
If you’re interested in exploring the financial systems that power Stripe’s core payments product, love manipulating data, and get a thrill from pulling on loose threads – let us know!
- Investigate issues in Stripe’s financial infrastructure – including declines, authorizations, refunds, payouts, and non-card payment methods
- Help to manage betas and launch coordination of new payment methods and payments flows, working directly with - engineering teams to surface feedback and onboard new users
- Reach out directly to external partners and issuing banks to probe service issues or changes in behavior, and direct resolutions
- Receive and refine product feedback related to our financial infrastructure, and work with engineering teams to plan and prioritize work to address user needs
- Assist other user-facing teams in complex user conversations, leveraging your deep Payments expertise
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 2+ years writing SQL queries, and using data for problem solving
- Is confident making decisive judgement calls in the absence of fully complete information
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills, and is effective in adjusting their style with audiences of varying technical ability
- Is comfortable working independently and collaborating with a distributed team
- Has demonstrated interest in and/or direct payments industry experience
- Has a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners
- Is excited to build resources to help other Stripes understand these complex topics
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-NM1
We look forward to hearing from you.