Product Operations, Pre-launch Product New York
Stripe is currently working on launching a new business unit within the company to address a multi-billion dollar opportunity. We have a great Product and Engineering team in place, and are now looking to make our first business hire. This is a unique opportunity where you will be the first business person on a growing team, all within the incredible platform that is Stripe.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you’ll work closely with customers and with product and engineering to ensure the products we’re building are meeting customer needs. As the first business hire you will also be involved in all aspects of starting the business unit (strategic decisions, product, legal, operations, etc.). Given the size of the team you will also have the opportunity to quickly take on responsibility and leadership as we grow. As adoption increases, you will be key in scaling the business, building and leveraging deep connections and systems with the rest of the company (Sales, Account Management, Support, International Teams, etc).
You may be a fit for this role if you:
Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You enjoy taking on a problem with no preset approach or solution.
- You quickly test and iterate solutions and react to feedback.
- You are a self starter that identifies gaps and looks for creative solutions.
- You're comfortable in quickly changing scenarios.
Have strong analytical skills
- You can analyze user patterns and use these insights to build better systems/operations, adjust product strategy and improve customer experience.
- You enjoy working in SQL and excel to dissect data and unearth insights.
- You have excellent attention to detail and can track multiple effects simultaneously.
Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- You enjoy crafting and communicating strategic visions, execution plans, and market overviews.
- You can communicate well with all levels of users, partners, and Stripe team members.
Are great at working with our users and passionate about solving their problems
- You’re excited about helping our users solve their hairiest problems by digging into their data, understanding their teams and needs.
- You can identify user needs and translate those into good solutions.
Are an awesome project and program manager
- You’re able to work with and direct many stakeholders towards our stated goals.
- In some -cases, you’re operationalizing the insights we have from working with users to scale with Stripe.
- You work effectively with engineering and go to market teams to get our products to market
- 2+ years of experience in a strategic consulting, start-up, operational, product or project management role.
- You have experience with payments-related products or with technical platforms.
We look forward to hearing from you.