Product Manager, User Lifecycle and Interventions San Francisco
About User lifecycle and Interventions at Stripe
At any stage of a user’s life cycle on Stripe—from the time of account setup to the maturation of their business—Stripe may find valuable to request additional information about their activity to minimize the risk of losses related to fraud, credit risk or violation of Stripe’s terms of service. These interventions also help improve the experience well-intended users have on Stripe by continuously updating the understanding Stripe has of their business.
About the role:
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative products for our customers. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining an extended team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
The User lifecycle and Interventions Product Manager will be responsible for the product direction of Stripe’s engineering efforts to uphold and improve the quality of the experience businesses have when reached out to by Stripe. Their responsibility will include areas such as: - consistency and quality of the overall user experience businesses have over the course of their lifecycle when they are contacted by Stripe - infrastructure development to empower Risk Strategists to experiment with and deploy interventions at scale - prioritization and management of user interfaces and challenges that mitigate the risk of fraudulent activity, credit risk, or the risk of violation of Stripe’s Terms across Stripe’s core products
You may be a good fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, risk operations, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You have experience operating within fraud mitigation, risk management or otherwise adversarial environments
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases. You have experience building or working on technical platforms that enable concurrent development of features by teams located around the world.
- You have worked as a Product Manager for 3+ years
- You have experience with fraud risk and payments-related products or technical platforms
- You know the right questions to ask engineers about architecture and product decisions alike
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JV1
We look forward to hearing from you.