Product Manager, Terminal San Francisco
Build products to make customers successful.
The Payments Group at Stripe powers Stripe’s core payments-related products such as payment processing, fraud prevention, and Connect.
About the role:
Stripe Terminal helps Stripe users extend their online presence into the physical world. The Terminal Team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a flagship retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event. Stripe Terminal is built atop the Stripe Payments Platform, letting businesses maintain a single view of their customers and sales across online and offline channels. They can also take advantage of Stripe’s integrated payments capabilities, including initiating a subscription in-store with Stripe Billing and letting SaaS platforms and marketplaces accept in-person payments with Stripe Connect.
As a Product Manager on Terminal you will:
- Scope product requirements and roadmap for global expansion of Terminal.
- Own one or more of the following aspects of Terminal: SDKs, API, dashboard for users, fleet management interfaces (reader ordering and delivery, reader configuration and management, and reader support)
- Plan and execute global reader hardware strategy
- Own go to market strategy working across Stripe to ensure the success of Stripe Terminal with Legal, Marketing, Partnerships, and Sales
You may be a good fit if:
- You have strong experience working on technical B2B enterprise products
- You have experience working with Android / iOS developer products, hardware partners, e-commerce platforms
- You have experience working on EMV, point-of-sale, or payments products
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JV1
We look forward to hearing from you.