Product Manager Seattle
Build products to make customers successful.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative payments products for our customers. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. In this role, you’d be supporting the full stack engineering team that builds the Sigma product - a tool designed to help businesses turn their Stripe data into actionable analytics and insights.
On a day to day basis you would spend your time split between external meetings with customers and internal discussions with your engineering counterparts. This role will provide the opportunity to develop the strategy for one of Stripe’s core products and get feedback on your plans directly from Stripe’s leadership team.
You’ll be responsible for helping with a wide array of key decisions from setting the target market, figuring out the best user experience and determining optimal pricing.
You may be a good fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, design and sales.
- You’re able to come up with your own ideas while also soliciting and synthesizing suggestions from around the company
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems and potential solutions
- You have enough of a technical background to understand the opportunities and constraints involved with leveraging - Stripe merchant’s massive troves of data
- You have a nose for great products, and advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You have at least five years of product development experience, with at least a few specifically in product management
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-AH1
We look forward to hearing from you.