Product Manager, Payments Web San Francisco
Enable tailored payment options around the world.
The Payments Group at Stripe powers Stripe’s core payments-related products such as payment processing, fraud prevention, and Connect.
About Payments Web:
You’ll lead our efforts to provide the best payment experience to our merchants and end users, developing a portfolio of products to serve a wide variety of customers. At present, this includes our Stripe.js, Elements and Checkout offerings.
You’ll also track the development of industry, competitive, and regulatory changes that impact the consumer checkout experience on the web, and you collaborate with Stripe’s and customers to help users get ahead and stay ahead.
About the role:
At Stripe, product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a group of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world. You will help shape the direction of not only the products but our group’s strategy overall.
As a Product Manager on Payments Web, you will:
- Lead the team with your industry and domain knowledge of online checkout flows
- Design, execute and drive adoption for UIs, client-side libraries, and APIs including Stripe.js, elements, checkout and new products
- Foster a great developer experience for Stripe’s users
- Design and lead experiments to improve checkout flows for our users and for end customers.
- Collaborate closely with many teams across the company to ensure customers are able to leverage all of the capabilities Stripe has to offer
- Drive awareness and adoption of new products to new and existing users
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 3+ years Product Management experience
- You have significant experience with online commerce
- You have experience delivering great developer experiences
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience building products for business customers
- You’ve ever started or run a business in a related space
- Strong UX/design experience
- Experience with user onboarding, growth initiatives, A/B testing is a strong plus
- Experience with identity / authentication products, marketplaces, or SaaS products is a strong plus
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JV1
We look forward to hearing from you.