Product Manager, Payment Methods San Francisco
Enable tailored payment options around the world.
The Payments Group at Stripe powers Stripe’s core payments-related products such as payment processing, fraud prevention, and Connect.
About the role:
Fewer than half of the world’s online transactions involve credit cards. As the Product Manager for Payment Methods, you will work to develop the platform that provides support for the various payment options customers use around the world. You will have the opportunity to develop the strategy for one of Stripe’s core products, maintain a platform that is constantly in use/contributed to by Stripe’s engineering teams, and work side-by-side with Stripe’s leadership to iterate and refine your product.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative payments products for our customers. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
You may be a good fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You’re motivated by the the chance to improve the lives of your customers
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You have experience building or working on technical platforms that enable concurrent development of features by teams located around the world.
- You have worked as a Product Manager for 3+ years
- You have experience with payments-related products or with technical platforms
- You know the right questions to ask engineers about architecture and product decisions alike
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JV1
We look forward to hearing from you.