Product Manager, Leverage San Francisco
Build products to make customers successful.
The Leverage engineering group builds and grows tools and infrastructure to supercharge every Stripe. We enhance knowledge discovery, communication, and culture within the company and own the product UIs and backend systems that help us help and learn from our users effectively.
About the role:
At Stripe, product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a group of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world. On Leverage, you’d be the first Product Manager from that group, with the opportunity to shape the direction of not only the products but our group’s strategy overall.
As a Product Manager on Leverage, you will partner with capable, empathetic engineers and internal stakeholders to:
- Rigorously understand our internal and external customers’ needs
- Shepherd the technical and operational roadmaps that will enable the team — and in turn all of Stripe — to deliver exceptional product and service quality at increasing scale
- Execute on those roadmaps with urgency and focus
- Analyze and communicate the impact of what Leverage ships
You may be a good fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You’re motivated by the the chance to improve the lives of your customers
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You’ve ever started or run a business before
What you’ll do:
- We’re collaborating with the Design team on an updated information architecture for Stripe Home, the source of truth for who we are, what we’re doing, and why—and a platform for enabling individuals to have an impact and get to know one another. Used by 99% of Stripes in the last 30 days, we’re continuously changing Home as Stripe grows and we learn from fresh eyes what makes it most useful.
- We’re building the next major iteration of our contact platform; the work ranges from the pixels our users interact with to get ahold of us to the dependable, internal systems that allow those conversations to happen across channels like email, phone, and chat. We’re investing in the efficiency and resiliency of the contact platform to help our user-facing teams support an increasingly diverse set of customers across wherever and whenever they want to get ahold of us.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JV1
We look forward to hearing from you.