Product Manager, Invoicing Platforms San Francisco
Build products to make customers successful.
The Applications group at Stripe is building the modern business operating system stack: Products and tools that enable businesses to automate, accelerate, and simplify the process of starting or running an internet company.
The group’s portfolio of products including Atlas, Subscriptions, and Sigma, and also houses core platform teams like Mobile and (web) Dashboard.
About the role:
As the Product Manager on the Invoicing Platform, you will lead a product that helps all Stripe users grow their businesses quickly. Invoicing is a core part of doing business on the internet and is used by Stripe’s entire user base; whether it’s small companies looking to charge suppliers or larger companies selling to enterprises.
It’s an unique opportunity to build both API based and workflow oriented products and develop one of Stripe’s most strategic product areas. You’ll be spending your time generating hypotheses and building features with engineering and design, understanding our users’ needs, growing the product’s global user base, and interfacing directly with Stripe’s leadership team on product roadmap and strategy.
You may be a good fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker and team player, who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, design, partnerships, executives, and sales
- You’re motivated by the the chance to improve the lives of your customers, and take a global view of the economic potential of the Internet
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, no matter how big or small the issue may be
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for building empathy for user problems
- You have experience managing technical software products end to end
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- 3+ years of experience in a product management role
- Experience with building their own company and/or startup experience
- Domain experience with invoices and/or accounting
- Empathy (and experience) related to B2B SaaS businesses
- Strong intellectual horsepower and comfort with ambiguity/new products
- Strong customer empathy and intuition
- Experience with product execution
- Comfort with data analytics and partnering with data science
- Strong UI/UX experience
- Creativity, strategic thinking, and leadership skills
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JV1
We look forward to hearing from you.