Product Manager, Express San Francisco
Enable tailored payment options around the world.
The Payments Group at Stripe powers Stripe’s core payments-related products such as payment processing, fraud prevention, and Connect.
Connect is Stripe’s leading product for marketplaces, on-demand services, ecommerce site builders, invoicing platforms, professional SaaS products, fundraising platforms, rental management platforms, and more. By utilizing the power of Connect, users in each of these categories can link multiple parties for the exchange of goods or services. These users rely on Connect for the crucial function of reliably routing payments between these parties.
Express is a major area of investment within Connect that reimagines the end-to-end payments experience for individuals and businesses that want to receive online payments from marketplaces and software platforms.
About the role:
As a Product Manager for Express, you will be devising strategy, developing product requirements, and overseeing execution for product improvements that serve professionals, on-demand workers, solopreneurs, and small to mid-sized businesses.
On a day to day basis you would spend your time split between external meetings with customers and internal discussions with your engineering, marketing, analytics, and sales counterparts. This role will provide the opportunity to develop the strategy for one of Stripe’s core products and get feedback on your plans directly from Stripe’s leadership team.
We’re looking for creative and curious product thinkers who can develop and grow a compelling vision for Stripe’s insights and analytics products
You may be a good fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You’re motivated by the the chance to improve the lives of your customers
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You’ve ever started or run a business before
- Strong UX/design experience
- Experience with user onboarding, growth initiatives, A/B testing is a strong plus
- Experience with identity / authentication products, marketplaces, or SaaS products is a strong plus
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
We look forward to hearing from you.