Product Manager, Connect San Francisco
Enable tailored payment options around the world.
The Payments Group at Stripe powers Stripe’s core payments-related products such as payment processing, fraud prevention, and Connect.
Connect is Stripe’s leading product for marketplaces, on-demand services, ecommerce site builders, invoicing platforms, professional SaaS products, fundraising platforms, rental management platforms, and more. By utilizing the power of Connect, users in each of these categories can link multiple parties for the exchange of goods or services. These users rely on Connect for the crucial function of reliably routing payments between these parties.
By powering fast, flexible, compliant, and cost-efficient routing of payments on the internet, Connect not only spurs the creation of innovative business models but it also enable organizations (whether they are businesses, nonprofits, or governmental agencies) to channel previously-offline payments to the internet.
About the role:
As a Product Manager on the Connect team at Stripe, you will be devising strategy, developing product requirements, and overseeing execution for some of the highest impact initiatives that serve modern marketplaces and software platforms.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative payments products for our customers. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
On a day to day basis you would spend your time split between external meetings with customers and internal discussions with your engineering, marketing, analytics, and sales counterparts. This role will provide the opportunity to develop the strategy for one of Stripe’s core products and get feedback on your plans directly from Stripe’s leadership team.
We’re looking for creative and curious product thinkers who can develop and grow a compelling vision for Stripe’s insights and analytics products
You may be a good fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You’re motivated by the the chance to improve the lives of your customers
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You’ve ever started or run a business before
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, build a robust integration with the Stripe API, make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on data modeling or software architecture, etc.
- Strong product sense
- Experience with security, anti-fraud, identity, compliance, or API products is a strong plus
- Experience as a software engineer is a strong plus
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JV1
We look forward to hearing from you.