Product Counsel - Seattle Seattle
Help us grow our legal team in Seattle!
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow. We work on some of the hardest technical, commercial, and regulatory problems around, and we’re looking for a product lawyer to join our amazing product legal team. In this role you will work with talented people throughout the company, in particular as a key advisor to the product and engineering teams, and will deal with a diverse set of matters that straddle financial services, business processes, and technology.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive. We’re looking for someone who is a team player and willing to jump in on tasks of any size. Experience with participants in the financial services industry is not required, but a working understanding of financial regulations and rules is a plus.
- Counsel the Stripe product team on a range of issues including regulatory, consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property, and data privacy.
- Actively collaborate with a wide variety of Stripe teams, including engineering, compliance, business development, and marketing, on a range of issues related to product development and commercialization.
- Work closely with colleagues across the Stripe legal team to clear key issues impacting the work of members of the team who support Stripe’s regulatory structure, its customer agreements, and strategic financial partnerships.
- Help build scalable and effective processes for legal review and launch of new products.
- Draft, review, and update foundational documents for product and service offerings.
- Stay up-to-date, with the support of Stripe’s legal subject matter experts, on U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with privacy, data security, consumer protection, financial services, and marketing.
- Participate as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A JD degree from an ABA accredited university and be in good standing with the Washington State Bar.
- A minimum of 6 years combined relevant experience in a top law firm, government agency, and/or in-house legal team, preferably working with technology companies on copyright, privacy, and/or the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space.
- A passion for technology and ability to understand complex business models and product use cases quickly.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and project management skills with a strict attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills and ability work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent judgment, and be capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.