Product Counsel San Francisco
Help us grow our legal team!
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for business leaders and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow their businesses. We work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems around. We’re looking for an amazing product lawyer to join us. In this role you will be a key advisor to the product and engineering teams that are responsible for delivering Stripe Atlas, the best way to start an Internet business.
In this role you will:
- Counsel the Stripe product team on a range of issues including corporate structure and formation, consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property, and privacy.
- Actively collaborate with a wide variety of teams, including engineering, product management, compliance, business development, and marketing, on a full range of issues related to product development and commercialization.
- Work closely with the product team and Stripe’s legal team to ensure timely and complete communication about new products and features, including any key issues impacting the work of members of the legal team who support Stripe’s regulatory structure, it’s customer agreements, and strategic financial partnerships.
- Help build scalable and effective processes for legal review and launch of new products.
- Draft, review, and update foundational documents for product and service offerings.
- Participate as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- JD degree from ABA accredited university and member in good standing of the California Bar.
- A minimum of 5 years combined relevant experience in a top law firm, and/or in-house legal team, preferably working with technology or online companies on copyright, privacy, IP, advertising and marketing and/or the legal aspects of product development in the technology space.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience advising private companies on corporate structure and from formation to exit (including founder issuances, stock plans, VC financing and mergers and acquisitions).
- A passion for technology and ability to understand complex inventions quickly.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and project management skills with a strict attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills and ability work under tight deadlines.
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done, even if means working well outside of normal business hours.
- Decisive and having excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- A true team player, willing to jump in on tasks of any size.
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
- Curious about an evolving industry, with a terrific sense of humor.
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.