Product Communications Lead San Francisco
Tell the Stripe story
Stripe is expanding internet commerce by making it easy for new businesses to get started and grow globally. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and broadening the types of transactions that happen online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
With only 800 people today, Stripe helps hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world process billions of dollars every year. To date our growth has been driven by enthusiastic users, deep community involvement, and a bit of media coverage.
Now we’re looking for someone to join the team who can help us connect and scale all three. The product communications lead will work closely with engineers, designers, and our marketing team to launch new products, tell the stories of our users and differentiate Stripe in a crowded and byzantine space. The ideal candidate is creative, has a strong rolodex of tech media relationships, and isn’t afraid of a few lines of code.
- Lead the team in illuminating technical features and translating their broader impact.
- Run product launches and sustained momentum campaigns.
- Build and grow our analyst relations program.
- In conjunction with marketing, help uncover the best user stories and case studies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with not only reporters, but also leaders in the developer and startup ecosystems.
You should have:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- 10-12 years of experience in public relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment.
- Experience collaborating with engineers and product managers.
- Relationships with key technology reporters.
- A basic understanding of coding principles.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
We look forward to hearing from you.