Privacy Product Counsel San Francisco
Stripe is looking to hire a technical and process-minded lawyer with a love for data, technology, and privacy.
In this role you will:
- Serve as part of a small team of lawyers advising Stripe’s product teams and management on privacy and data protection issues.
- Help ensure that Stripe’s products and services comply with applicable law and our commitments to our customers.
- Analyze existing and new legislative and regulatory developments to ensure that Stripe understands and remains compliant with evolving requirements.
- Work closely with other members of Stripe’s legal and product teams to help develop policies and procedures to comply with privacy and data protection laws around the world.
- With other members of the team, represent Stripe externally before data protection regulators, industry groups and other key stakeholders.-
To be considered for this position you should:
- Have at least five years experience working on data protection and privacy legal issues, with particular depth on US, European, and/or APAC data privacy regulations and the regimes governing transfer of data between the US and other nations.
- Have a strong background in software technology and a demonstrated ability to converse with software engineers with specificity and depth about the ways we collect and process data.
- Have worked in a technology company or in a law firm or consulting firm as product or privacy counsel.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Understand the payments industry and have reasonable familiarity with the regulatory regimes applicable to it (for example, anti-money laundering obligations).
- Love technology and are a quick study on new things.
- Are admitted to practice law in one or more US states (California preferred) or have the ability to be admitted in California.
- Are a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of projects simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Please send a resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.