Privacy Counsel Dublin
Stripe is looking to hire a solicitor with a love for data, technology, and privacy, as well as general commercial legal work.
Security, privacy, and transparency are important to Stripe and our users. We are looking for a driven, forward-looking solicitor to work on a wide variety of privacy and data protection as well as commercial legal needs supporting Stripe’s growing business.
You will help manage Stripe’s privacy and data protection compliance program, including our continuous compliance efforts for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and similar data compliance operational and administrative work. You will work very closely with the Stripe Data Protection Officer, managing data protection impact assessments, incoming inquiries of data subjects, and other GDPR-related tasks. In addition, you will collaborate with the commercial legal team based in the EU, helping to draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts and agreements with our Users and business partners. Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and we are looking for a person that is comfortable straddling both worlds. The right person will have the ability to handle sensitive, confidential matters and exercise sound discretion and judgment. The candidate must be interested in taking an active role in a team-oriented and fast-paced Legal Department and be able to thrive in a changing and rapidly growing environment.
- Assist Stripe’s privacy and data protection team with the development, maintenance and enhancement of Stripe’s global privacy program, including preparing and - maintaining related documentation and record-keeping
- Collaborate closely with Stripe’s commercial and sales teams in Dublin to help with data protection-related questions and contracting needs
- Work in a tight partnership with the User Operations teams to help serve Stripe Users
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts and agreements
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have exceptional General Data Protection Regulation expertise
- Have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exercise astute judgment and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have significant practical experience in overseeing multiple large cross-organizational projects simultaneously
- Have acute attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and resourceful, maintaining a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability and organization
- Be curious about an evolving industry and have a great personality
Nice to haves:
- Fluency in a second European language
- A strong interest or a background in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics
To apply, please include:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here.#L1-RL1
We look forward to hearing from you.