Presentation Designer San Francisco
Design at Stripe:
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We think that building an internet business is a problem rooted in code and design, not finance. We also believe that there are far too many barriers to doing business on the internet and that the opportunities to do it are not equally distributed throughout the world. To break down those barriers and make the opportunities available to anyone, we’re designing the future of tools and infrastructure for starting, running, and scaling an online business—from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our small (but growing!) team in San Francisco.
The design team works across most projects at Stripe—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the company to help craft the best way to deliver the right message to the right audience.
- Work on a wide variety of presentations—keynotes at internal and external events, pitches to prospective customers, product and process updates, presentation series for events, and templates for all kinds of internal and external presentations.
- Play an important role in elevating the Stripe brand and making sure we are consistent in how we tell our story and get our points across.
- Design within and help expand the Stripe visual identity
- Establish and maintain presentation design and language guidelines
- Translate information-dense outlines into beautiful and effective pieces of communication.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Consider, like we do, presentation design to be a serious and important skill that requires strong storytelling talents
- Are interested in making both everyday sales decks and flashy keynote presentations sing
- Can create a presentation from scratch and take an existing one and make it (much) better
- Are able to wring every last bit of flair and animation out of Keynote
- Obsess over crafting amazing templates that are easy for people around the company to make beautiful and effective presentations with
- Are a master of Keynote and well-versed in Google Slides (we try our best to not use Powerpoint, and we work on Macs)
- Keenly interested in and able to use typography to great effect
- Can do some light icon and illustration work to help make a slide just right
- Are detail-oriented and a masterful communicator that can play the role of bringing together feedback and corrections from everyone involved, before the deadline
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Stripe is interesting to you
We look forward to hearing from you.