Payroll Lead San Francisco
Help scale our finance infrastructure globally!
Stripe is building a world class finance team responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We are looking for a Payroll Lead to join our fast growing team and help us scale our payroll function globally. You should have a strong payroll background, outstanding people skills, great eye for detail, and a tireless commitment to process improvement. If this sounds like you - we’d love to hear from you!
- Oversee the timely and accurate processing of Stripe’s payrolls for US and/or international employees.
- Use your expert knowledge of payroll tax laws to ensure Stripe’s compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Partner with Benefits, HR, Recruiting, Legal, Tax, and Accounting to roll out new comp and benefits plans and continually improve existing processes.
- Research payroll issues independently, demonstrating high analytical ability and knowledge of best practices.
- Help scale Stripe’s payroll globally, implementing new processes to leverage Workday’s potential.
- Oversee, review, and approve off-cycle payrolls for equity transactions and terminations.
- Perform monthly close duties, such as preparation of payroll journal entries and reconciliation of payroll-related accounts.
- Provide outstanding customer service to employees.
- Set up payroll in new jurisdictions or countries.
- Support annual audits of Workers Comp, 401K, financial statements, and other areas as required.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience scaling and managing payroll in multiple locations for exempt and non-exempt populations, both US and non-US.
- 1+ years of experience using Workday Payroll (familiarity with other Workday modules is an added plus).
- Expert knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations pertaining to payroll, benefits, and equity.
- Experience implementing and maintaining compliance with a Global Mobility policy.
- A mind for detail and a strong work ethic—you can tell when something’s off, and you won’t rest until it’s fixed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Proclivity for designing and implementing effective processes.
- Experience providing Accounting monthly close deliverables and audit deliverables.
- Sound judgment–you’re able to deal with complex issues and coordinate with internal and external partners as appropriate.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Experience creating and maintaining internal controls and SOX compliance.
- CPP certification preferred.
To apply, please include:
- A resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.