Payroll Administrator San Francisco
Join our payroll team at Stripe!
Use your eye for detail and tireless commitment to process improvement to facilitate the payroll function at Stripe. We’re looking for a payroll expert with outstanding people skills and a deep understanding of compliance. If this sounds like you - we’d love to hear from you!
- Assist Payroll Supervisor with bi-weekly payroll processing for approximately 500 Stripes in over 20 states.
- Respond to employee payroll inquiries timely, providing outstanding customer service.
- Administrate time-tracking system for non-exempt employees.
- Handle registration in new states.
- Help communicate payroll changes to third-party payroll providers in 7 countries.
- Prepare final paychecks for terminating US employees.
- Ensure accurate taxation and reporting of employee relocation expenses.
- Prepare ad hoc reports.
- Partner with the People Ops team on enhancing Workday integrations.
- Help manage 401k elections and integrations.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience managing and scaling payroll beyond 500 employees and in multiple jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with wage and labor laws for non-exempt employees, especially in California.
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and customer service focus.
- A mind for detail—you can tell when something’s off, and you won’t rest until it’s fixed.
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Excellent accuracy, especially under deadline pressure.
- Understanding of benefit-related payroll transactions (FSA, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401k contributions, etc.).
- 1+ years experience with Workday payroll a strong plus.
- Knowledge of stock option payroll tax implications.
- Understanding of financial and operational controls (GAAP).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with other accounting processes (e.g. accounts payable, monthly close, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Netsuite, or similar ERP.
- Experience with federal, state, local, statutory, and workers’ compensation payroll audits.
Nice to haves:
- Experience scaling and managing payroll in various international locations, including countries in the EU, Asia and LATAM.
- Knowledge of global mobility issues.
- Experience creating and maintaining a SOX 404 compliant payroll process environment.
- CPP certification or similar.
You should include these in your application:
- CV/Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.