Payments Certification Specialist San Francisco
As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs start a business from anywhere in the world, builds world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. Stripe is enhancing the in-person payments experience for our users.
Over the past few years, we’ve added support for a small number of terminals and are now looking at diversifying the device ecosystem. As a certification specialist, you will be at the forefront of that growth.
- Conduct hands-on certification tests for Stripe-certified devices.
- Work closely with network partners to negotiate and clarify specifications.
- Work closely with engineering teams to diagnose and fix certification-related issues.
- Work closely with engineering teams to help automate the process.
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- A deep and growing understanding of credit card payment flows.
- Contributed to at least one Credit Card certification - either host certifications or terminal EMV device certifications.
- A good understanding of payments standards and concepts and know to find and understand the specifications.
- Demonstrated your ability to establish relationships with other engineering teams and payment companies.
Nice to have:
- Technical Degree preferred, but we are interested in meeting people with QA, Project Management and other backgrounds that require rigorous technical thinking and thorough attention to detail.
- Experience with JIRA and Git.
- Payments certification tools such as UL / Collis, FIME / Savvi, etc.
- Working alongside hardware, firmware and application engineers.
- Working with national and international standards.
- PCI assessment and auditing.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
We look forward to hearing from you.