Payment Operations Strategist San Francisco
Making it easy to manage the capabilities of the financial system
Stripe makes it easy for developers to access and manage global payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. The Financial Platform Operations team is responsible for enabling smooth, scalable and mutually beneficial interactions between financial partners and Stripe. You will do this by working with with many Stripe teams and gaining a deep understanding of both payment processing and our financial partner needs.
- Manage communication and reporting with financial partners, including but not limited to: optimizing communication systems, identifying and solving new and emerging trends, and advocating for Stripe’s users to name a few.
- Develop systems to triage, prioritize, route and manage financial partner and internal informational requests efficiently and effectively
- Understand nuances of Stripe’s business and build solutions that help our users and position Stripe become an expert in our partner’s operating rules?
- Document knowledge, processes, and create run-books to share learnings with other teams and enable them to self-serve partner related asks and requests.
- Work closely with our Financial Partnerships, User Operations and Risk teams.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 2+ years of work experience, preferably in an operational role.
- Is proficient in SQL or has a willingness and aptitude to learn quickly. This is a must.
- Enjoys diving deep into processes and systems and interested in mastering network rules, bank regulations, risk/compliance constraints and getting to the root of problems. “Why” is one of your favorite words.
- Is resourceful, action-oriented with strong organizational skills to manage multiple stakeholders and can work with competing priorities and demands.
- Has strong project management skills and meticulous attention to detail. You’re able to track tasks and make sure they get completed on time.
- Is comfortable liaising with external partners and has the presence to push back on unnecessary and redundant requests.
We look forward to hearing from you.