Path Forward - User Operations Returnship San Francisco
Deliver incredible experiences to Stripe users.
The Return to Work program at Stripe is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Stripe is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we know that caregivers returning to work bring unique skills and perspectives to our teams. This program offers a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other caregivers transitioning back to the workforce.
The program is open to caregivers who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If this describes you, we’d love for you to apply!
More about user operations
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. User Operations team members collaborate from across the UK, the continental US, Germany, Ireland, France, Australia, Brazil, Singapore and Hong Kong. We aim to delight users with friendly and helpful Support, gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. We also work closely with every part of the organization to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
User Operations at Stripe interacts with people from all kinds of backgrounds, and our team has grown to match that diversity. People on the team have previously provided support at MIT and Ringling Bros., trained professionally in opera, launched a sustainable seafood business, created an all-natural skincare line, and so on. We’re a close group that’s passionate about helping people, improving products, and using animated GIFs.
If you’re a strong writer, a fast researcher, constantly curious, and can’t stand users having anything less than a stellar experience, we want to hear from you!
- Spend your time interacting with Stripe users.
- Optimize our internal and external documentation.
- Work closely with teams across the organization to improve our products.
- Identify and initiate changes to help scale our operations.
- Gain unique insights into how thousands of businesses on Stripe scale and innovate.
- Collaborate with individuals and teams across Stripe to launch new products and markets.
- Learn how Stripe operates from the ground up and make an impact on the future of the organization.
We’re looking for people who:
- Love writing, and can do so quickly and clearly (you need to be fluent and highly proficient in English).
- Feel comfortable with technical concepts, have great analytical skills, and can explain how Stripe works to a range of audiences.
- Will empathize with users and quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
- Enjoy the puzzle of solving open-ended problems.
- Love constantly learning about a changing technical product, even when it’s a little out of your depth.
- Happily take on new projects which involve researching to quickly become a subject matter expert, and driving them to completion.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company.
- Prior experience in a support specialist, tier II/III support role or similar.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or Linkedin profile
- Why you want to work in this role.
- Languages you’d be comfortable communicating in beyond English, if any.
- Your answer to the following: given free rein, what are one or two improvements you would have made to the processes at a company or organization where you have worked? How would you assess if the change(s) was (were) successful?
We look forward to hearing from you.