Path Forward - Risk Underwriting Analyst Returnship San Francisco
Fight fraud and make Internet payments safer.
The Return to Work program at Stripe is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Stripe is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we know that caregivers returning to work bring unique skills and perspectives to our teams. This program offers a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other caregivers transitioning back to the workforce.
The program is open to caregivers who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If this describes you, we’d love for you to apply!
More about underwriting
As an underwriter, you will enable safer payments for our users and help Stripe manage payments fraud. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-changing and always-improving opponents. You’ll work closely with our risk analysts and engineers to keep Stripe and our users safe by monitoring accounts and rooting out fraud.
- Monitor accounts and transactions to identify fraudulent behavior.
- Enable businesses to use Stripe by helping to protect against cardholder fraud.
- Work with our users to ensure compliance with Stripe’s Terms of Service.
- Work closely with our risk analyst team to identify persistent trends.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Curious: if something seems off, you want to dig in and discover what’s really going on.
- Decisive: able to think critically about complex problems and reach a definitive conclusion.
- Understanding: you’re empathetic to the challenges of setting up a new business.
- Persistent and thorough: willing to go the extra mile to understand specific cases and examine underlying causes.
We look forward to hearing from you.