Path Forward - Partner Engineering Returnship San Francisco
The Return to Work program at Stripe is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Stripe is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we know that caregivers returning to work bring unique skills and perspectives to our teams. This program offers a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other caregivers transitioning back to the workforce.
The program is open to caregivers who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If this describes you, we’d love for you to apply!
More about partner engineering
Stripe’s Partner Engineering team is responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our users and partners throughout the entire lifecycle of their Stripe experience. Our users and partners are an extremely diverse group – from fastest growing, technology-driven startups, to traditional enterprise customers who are transitioning to a more modern infrastructure, to entirely new businesses. As a project manager dedicated to this team, you will support on strategic initiatives for our users.
Core Responsibilities of Partner Engineers are:
- Supporting Stripe’s Sales, Partnerships, and Account Management teams in helping customers understand what is technically possible with Stripe.
- Support our Partner Engineering team through specific projects
- Understanding user and partner requirements and communicate how Stripe can solve their business and technical challenges.
- In international markets, educating our users and the developer community about Stripe’s value proposition, best practices, and new technical developments.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in 2-3 of these areas.
As you get started at Stripe, our current team members will devote a large amount of time to teaching you and helping you gain a level of comfort and expertise with Stripe, our services and most frequent use cases, and how we interact with users. Later, we’d love for you to take on this role with newer members of the team, especially since teaching is a great way to learn and to reinforce what you know.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A strong technical generalist
- Empathetic, collaborative, communicative, consultative
- Confident and comfortable with customers
- Intellectually curious, with great problem solving skills
As a Partner Engineer, you’ll be expected to:
- Be an expert on time management adhering to important deadlines.
- Be comfortable talking about technical concepts, and dig into the inner workings of the Stripe products.
- Be able to think on your feet and dive into helping our users and partners with their technical issues.
- Excel at generating excitement around what Stripe is building within our prospects and users.
- Enjoy the puzzle of solving open-ended problems, both individually and as a member of our team.
- Empathize with users of all experience levels and see through their questions to quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
Please include these in your application:
- Technical products or projects you’ve worked on.
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and technical.
- What you find most interesting about Stripe.
We look forward to hearing from you.