Path Forward - Accountant Returnship San Francisco
The Return to Work program at Stripe is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Stripe is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we know that caregivers returning to work bring unique skills and perspectives to our teams. This program offers a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other caregivers transitioning back to the workforce.
The program is open to caregivers who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If this describes you, we’d love for you to apply!
More about finance
Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an accountant to help our fast growing team build our financial reporting processes, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Help build and improve processes in the monthly close process, including journal entries, reconciliations, intercompany, cost allocations, and other balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Perform flux analysis to prepare reports for management.
- Create documentation to help us scale globally.
- Work alongside Accounting, FP&A, Legal, People, and other teams on various projects.
Potential project work:
- Partner with FP&A, tax, AP, and payroll teams on developing, implementing, and automating Stripe’s operating expense allocation model and reporting.
- Leverage accounting and finance systems for intercompany accounting, reporting, and settlement; work with treasury and international accounting teams to optimize global fund flows.
- Partner with our AP and payroll teams to shorten our close process by finding efficiencies, developing estimates, and automating related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Assist our revenue and billings teams, as well as treasury-accounting team, for non-routine and custom transactions.
- Help coordinate and maintain control documentation and implementation across the accounting team.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Have public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- CPA or CPA candidate.
- Know accounting systems (Oracle, Workday, Expensify or similar is a plus).
- Demonstrate a strong fluency with U.S. GAAP.
- Love Excel, and be comfortable with large data sets and pivot tables.
- Show a strong understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- Oracle experience
- General ledger accounting experience in a fast growing tech environment
- IFRS knowledge
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.