Path Forward - Underwriting Analyst Returnship San Francisco
The Return to Work program at Stripe is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Stripe is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we know that caregivers returning to work bring unique skills and perspectives to our teams. This program offers a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other caregivers transitioning back to the workforce.
The program is open to caregivers who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If this describes you, we’d love for you to apply!
Risk at Stripe
Stripe is responsible for fueling the payments of tens of thousands of businesses across the globe. As an underwriting analyst, you’ll work on one of the most challenging problems at the company: fighting fraud.
As a risk underwriter, you will ensure safe payments for our users and help Stripe mitigate fraud. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-changing and always-improving opponents. You’ll work closely with our risk analysts and engineers to keep Stripe and our users safe by monitoring accounts, spotting fraud patterns and rooting out suspicious behavior.
- Use your Stripe Risk Training to monitor accounts and transactions and identify fraudulent behavior. Work closely with our risk analysts to identify persistent trends. You’ll think critically about complex problems, appropriately weight many factors, and reach definitive decisions.
- Refine tools and practices to increase the efficiency of application reviews, the accuracy of our decisions, and the quality of entrepreneurs’ experience.
- Work with internal and external partners to support entrepreneurs around the world and have empathy for entrepreneurs starting a business.
- Work efficiently in Stripe’s high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Communicate clearly on risk topics both verbally and in writing.
Nice to have:
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry
- Experience in a role supporting users at a technology company
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.#LI-IG1
We look forward to hearing from you.