Path Forward - Risk Strategist Returnship San Francisco
The Return to Work program at Stripe is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Stripe is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we know that caregivers returning to work bring unique skills and perspectives to our teams. This program offers a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other caregivers transitioning back to the workforce.
The program is open to caregivers who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If this describes you, we’d love for you to apply!
Risk at Stripe
Stripe’s Risk Team is committed to combating payments risks and making Internet payments safer. Our team is comprised of experts in credit, fraud, and product risks, as well as the underlying operations that manage efficiency and quality control. If you have experience that’s relevant to one of these particular areas, please share this in your application.
As a risk strategist, you will enable safer payments for our users and help Stripe manage payments risks intelligently. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-evolving challenges. You will face some of the most complex and dynamic problems at the company, and the nature of your work will evolve rapidly to combat new and more sophisticated challenges to Stripe’s payments integrity.
- Investigate anomalies and work closely with partners and team members to solve root problems.
- Scale risk processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of payments risks given our rapidly expanding user base.
- Be decisive, yet open to learning: you will regularly make critical decisions, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time.
- Work with our banking partners around the world to tailor fraud and credit risk management techniques to different geographies. You’ll communicate clearly on complex risk topics that you’ll build expertise on.
- Show empathy to our users and educate them about prevention of potential risks to their business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other internal teams at Stripe to implement sustainable solutions for fighting abuse and managing payments risks.
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
- Effectively monitor accounts and transactions to identify and predict risky behavior by digging into account details and reviewing abuse signals.
Nice to haves:
- Expertise in writing SQL to query relational databases and/or experience with quantitative tools such as Python, R, or Stata.
- Experience with payments, risk, or trust & safety and with machine learning teams.
- Experience working in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environments.
- Strong data visualization skills and a passion for data and analysis.
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.#LI-IG1
We look forward to hearing from you.