Path Forward - Corporate Communications Returnship San Francisco
The Return to Work program at Stripe is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Stripe is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we know that caregivers returning to work bring unique skills and perspectives to our teams. This program offers a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other caregivers transitioning back to the workforce.
The program is open to caregivers who have at least five years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If this describes you, we’d love for you to apply!
Communications at Stripe
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Salesforce and Facebook—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries.
Stripe helps new companies get started and grow their revenue, and established businesses accelerate into new markets and launch new business models. To date, our corporate focus has been driven by our mission of lowering barriers to online commerce, arming upstarts with sophisticated software tools, and supporting globalization as a force for entrepreneurship and job creation around the world.
Now we’re looking for someone to join the team who can help us scale our corporate communications efforts. This corporate communications role involves working closely with Stripe executives on thought-leadership initiatives; inserting Stripe’s voice into relevant issues; coordinating with our legal team on reactive issues; and more. The ideal candidate is creative, has strong media relationships, and isn’t afraid of a few lines of code.
- Help define Stripe’s point-of-view on thought-leadership issues and industry topics to further its profile with influencers and press.
- Identify strategic opportunities for issue engagement, from both Stripe as a brand and Stripe’s appropriate principals.
- Work with spokespeople to develop “voice” and messaging via media training, penning op-eds, interview opportunities and speaking engagements.
- Coordinate the team on strategic communications and reactive messaging; provide message guidance and resources for cross-team use.
- Work with global agency teams and ensure consistency across geographies on public policy developments and initiatives.
You should have:
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- 8-10 years of experience in public relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment.
- Experience collaborating with legal, policy, and senior executives.
- Relationships with key business, policy, and technology reporters.
Note: It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in the others.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
We look forward to hearing from you.