Path Forward - Commercial Counsel Returnship San Francisco
The Return to Work program at Stripe is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Stripe is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we know that caregivers returning to work bring unique skills and perspectives to our teams. This program offers a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other caregivers transitioning back to the workforce.
The program is open to caregivers who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If this describes you, we’d love for you to apply!
More about this role:
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized, and highly motivated individual to join our legal team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for improving processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the commercial and product teams within Legal. You will be initial point of contact for Stripes who need help for the Stripe legal team. The legal requests involve a range of legal issues, but are primarily focused on commercial contracting and product-related issues. You will either respond to each question directly or navigate the question through to the appropriate person on the legal team.
The right person will have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and business needs in a rapidly changing environment. In addition, you must be able to work independently, proactively identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
- Support Legal’s commercial, product and data privacy teams operationally by managing inbound requests for legal input, from start to finish.
- Work cross functionally with outside counsel, Stripe’s legal team, and sales, user operatio, finance, and marketing teams (to name a few).
- Serve as primary contact to address questions related to contract processes, and ensure proper administration of commercial and vendor contracts, from intake of new contracts to deal finalization.
- Identify and help implement processes and systems needed to track and monitor deal flow and contract terms.
- Support and manage a variety of ad hoc projects within the team as they arise.
Nice to have:
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
- JD from an accredited law school, with 2-4 of years of relevant experience.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to independently multitask in fast-moving environment.
- Enthusiasm and resourcefulness, maintaining a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability.
- Someone who is willing and eager to take on projects involving unfamiliar subject matter.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in the others.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.