Partner Management, Strategic Financial Partnerships San Francisco
Lead innovation on financial capabilities.
The Financial Partnerships team develops and executes on partnership strategies and products with companies across the financial industry—banks, networks and other financial technology providers—to scale and differentiate the financial capabilities of Stripe’s products and business.
Stripe is seeking a seasoned partner manager with experience or strong interest in the financial industry to grow and deepen Stripe’s key financial partnerships. This role will be responsible for building and managing Stripe’s relationships and identifying areas of collaboration and optimization with these partners.
- Be directly responsible for managing the relationship with one or more of Stripe’s key financial partners
- Identify opportunities to scale the partnership to meet the evolving requirements of our users and internal stakeholders
- Identify collaboration opportunities with these partners and coordinate all aspects of initiatives, including prioritization of partners, strategic and financial assessment, negotiation, implementation and tracking of success or failure of initiatives
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities of multiple internal and external constituencies
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships within our financial partners’ organizations and understand the bigger picture of “how things get done” within these organizations so that Stripe (with your help) can build strong relationships to increase the success of the partnership
- Advance the knowledge of the payments and financial services industry relevant to Stripe’s products and help shape Stripe’s overall strategic vision
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams internally including Engineering, Risk, Operations and Financial Crimes to define priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners and help solve critical issues across the organization
- Proactively push product thinking and work closely with product and engineering teams, both internally and externally to build the best financial capabilities for users
- Represent partners as their advocate in internal discussions but also be willing and able to advocate effectively for Stripe’s needs and goals
We’re looking for someone with:
- 7+ years of experience in partner management, sales, business development or similar external-facing roles at a top technology company or at a payments or financial services company with a technology focus
- Experience working closely with or at financial services companies on partnership or relationship management efforts preferred, but not required
- Strong product interest and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s product organization to build world-class features for our users
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to create and implement intuitive and scalable systems and processes aimed at improving our partnerships and sharing partner value and concerns within the broader Stripe organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as relationship managers, business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-FB1
We look forward to hearing from you.