Partner Engineering Manager San Francisco
Stripe is a technology platform for running an internet business. Our software enables companies of all sizes to accept payments, expand globally, and create new business models. Stripe now processes billions of dollars a year for thousands of businesses, from newly-launched start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
The Partner Engineering Team at Stripe works closely with some of our largest and most complex users and partners to help them design, plan, execute and scale their integrations with Stripe. We’re looking for an experienced Field Engineering leader to join us to lead our Partner Engineering Team in the US & Canada.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of Partner Engineers in the US & Canada
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development and promote career growth of the team
- Effectively work cross-functionally across Stripe to develop solutions to meet users and partners’ requirements
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations
- Work closely with Stripe’s New Business Team during the sales process to validate technical requirements, design, and integrate solutions for users
- Work closely with Stripe’s Partnerships Team to develop new and expand existing partnerships by providing technical integration guidance
You may be a good fit if:
- You have a track record of leading productive user-facing engineering teams
- You attract great teammates
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You’re excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You know when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about design and integration decisions
- You have at least a couple of years of user-facing engineering management experience
Please include in your application:
- Why you’re passionate about being an engineering manager at Stripe in particular
- How you approach engineering management
- The team you’re most proud of supporting, and your role in helping it succeed
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture, and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-AK1
We look forward to hearing from you.