Partner Engineer Tokyo
Technical expertise dedicated to Stripe’s most valuable customers, and prospective customers.
As a Partner Engineer, you will be responsible in pre- and post-sales for the technical success of high-value Stripe users. These customers typically use Stripe’s standard API but often with unusual complexity or advanced requirements.
You’ll partner with the Sales team to close new business, and to ensure that post-sales integrations are successful. You’ll be relied upon to assess and advise upon architectural choices, track technical issues down to resolution, and maintain healthy relationships with technical teams outside of Stripe.
- Be a technical expert in the field, helping to win new business.
- Provide technical consultancy to assist the selling process.
- Investigate and demonstrate integration feasibility.
- Build and maintain trust with customer’s implementation team.
- Plan and execute complex and/or large on-boardings.
- Support Account Management with data analysis and reporting.
- Advise customers on evolving their integrations to best utilize Stripe.
- We’re looking for technical people who are great at working face to face with customers (and prospective customers).
You should be:
- A strong technical generalist.
- Comfortable with reading and debugging code in two of Stripe’s supported languages.
- Empathetic, collaborative, communicative, consultative.
- Confident and comfortable with customers.
- Someone who enjoys the puzzle of solving open-ended problems, both individually and as a member of our team.
The ideal candidate:
- Probably writes code from time to time (not necessarily production code).
- Has reasonable proficiency with SQL.
- Has demonstrable communication skills on technical topics.
- May have been an engineer in a past life.
- Has experience in a field-facing role.
- Is a natural when it comes to working with Sales.
- Is fluent in English and Japanese.
You should include these in your application:
- Your CV, résumé or LinkedIn page.
- Links to work of which you’re particularly proud.
We look forward to hearing from you.