Marketing Strategy and Operations Lead San Francisco
Plan and scale Stripe’s growth
Stripe is looking for an experienced and passionate Marketing Strategy and Operations Lead to build a team and to support the marketing team’s growth and execution. The team conducts critical strategic, analytical, and operational projects designed to accelerate our growth. You’ll be central to our success, helping us shape strategy, improve our operating model, and execute globally against our targets. You’ll be partnering within marketing and with key stakeholders in finance, sales, and systems to define and manage to performance metrics and analytics, improve our operational efficiency and scalability, drive strategic planning, and execute marketing campaign measurement and effectiveness. You will play a key role in how we approach our marketing strategy, plan our user segment tactics, and how we accelerate growth, productivity, and efficiency. You will help the team connect the dots on our plans and between global and local work to ensure we’re working efficiently as we scale Stripe marketing from a startup effort to a full stack organization. We are looking for a leader who has both deep strategic and technical expertise across the marketing stack, with knowledge of the marketing data, systems, and tools, and the ability to provide strategic and proactive guidance.
- Maximize business performance: Develop in-depth understanding for what drives marketing performance and help us accelerate our growth and impact on Stripe’s long-term plan
- Performance management and measurement: Understand detailed marketing performance through every stage of the marketing funnel, with campaign level measurement a core focus along with the dashboards and data needed to know what’s working and what’s not, and drive cross-functional resolutions to operational issues
- Reporting: In partnership with finance, develop and implement regular reporting of key performance metrics including forecasting, funnel analysis, and pipeline management. Ensures impact-level marketing measurement and executive reporting on marketing’s contribution to the business
- Forecast performance: Contribute to the financial model and long-range plan for Stripe growth, supporting with marketing input and insights to inform the models that forecast revenue, margin, ROI, and LTV/CAC during annual and quarterly planning
- Planning: Orchestrate the quarterly and annual marketing planning process (e.g. milestones, participants, actions, templates, calendar), ensuring marketing’s goals are aligned with the company’s overall goals, and with sales and product objectives
- Budget: In partnership with finance, coordinate the budget strategy and make resource allocation recommendations to marketing leadership
- Data, systems and tools: Partner with systems and sales to establish the right marketing tech stack, including our email and marketing automation tools, that will scale with our growth and help us reach and acquire users from our priority segments. You will oversee the day to day management of marketing automation tools and its integration into CRM (salesforce.com), including data flows between the systems, execution, and monitoring campaigns
- Distill direction: Lead analytical efforts in an unstructured environment to identify marketing insights and improve decision-making and planning across the marketing team, including Product Marketing, Field Marketing, Scaled Acquisition, Brand and our international efforts.
- Create efficiency across Marketing, Finance, and Sales: Work with and execute projects that enable a full funnel go-to-market effort
- Be a trusted expert and partner: Serve as an expert on our business drivers and partner closely on all significant go-to-market projects
- 10+ years of experience with the majority focused on marketing, operational, and strategic areas
- Experience directly managing a team of 4 or more and the agility to work across dozens of stakeholders on a regular basis
- Proven statistical analysis and modeling experience with expertise in analytical techniques and their applications to sales and business metrics.
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable business recommendations and communicate complex data concepts in ways that sales leaders and the wider organization will understand.
- Experience working with complex internal data management tools.
- Experience serving, collaborating with and influencing executive management
- Deep understanding of the user journey and funnel, sales cycle and product lifecycle and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue
- Deep understanding of acquisition pipeline management, lead scoring and routing, lead analysis and action planning
- Experience in data-driven marketing strategy, planning, budget allocation and organizational alignment
- Experience managing, monitoring, and enforcing SLAs for lead routing
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting on health of marketing organization, including pipeline contribution, program ROI, customer acquisition/penetration and activity.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Salesforce and data visualization tools.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in person presentation skills.
- Experience developing complex GTM and revenue models for high growth businesses and the ability to facilitate communication with senior stakeholders around those models.
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate and influence others within a complex business environment
- Empathetic to the daily rigor and short-term demands of an acquisition organization and able to tie these to a long-term, strategic initiatives.
- If you have 3+ years experience working with demand generation teams to execute integrated campaigns, this is also a plus
- Passion for infusing a data-driven approach across our marketing efforts
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-JM2
We look forward to hearing from you.