Manager, User Operations Seattle
Deliver incredible experiences to Stripe users.
Stripe is looking for a leader to join our User Operations team. As a manager you will guide the team to be the best they can be, through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization.
You will also be accountable for defining how we engage with Stripe’s user base and improve their customer experience through their entire lifecycle.
You may also be responsible for large scale projects that can vary from enhancing the user experience to improving how we recruit talent.
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. The product support team works directly with users from across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalized support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. We also work closely with every part of the organization including Product and Engineering to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences.
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance.
- Help define what the team will look like in terms of operations and organization
- Maintain metrics and analysis of team performance, and provide regular reporting on team performance in the form of written analysis and performance reports.
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- At least 5 years of direct people management experience.
- A keen interest in pursuing people-management as a vocation, and some degree of experience and comfort with this specialized discipline.
- A lucid, well-formed communication style (either on the phone or in writing), with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders; i.e. project management and collaboration skills.
- Great operational awareness: a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user facing team with a high bar for quality, and a willingness to lead by example and participate in the work where necessary.
- Experience on a user-support team (especially one in a high-growth technology company).
You should include these in your application:
- Description of why you want to work in this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.